September is getting closer. Also some vegetable pics.

It is very quickly heading for September. The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting longer. The temperatures have dropped and the rain is pooring (Which is a good thing as we need the rain). Autumn is slowly on its way. The housemartins and swifts are thinking about leaving this country on there annual epic migration across sea and land. If you are reading this and are thinking that it sounds very depressing the fact that autumn is only just around the corner then I can say that I find September and October to be very nice. The change in the light levels and the smell of the moist leaves as they change colour and drop to the ground. It is also good to take stock of things that have and are still growing on the allotment. This year so far has been a strange growing year what with the heatwave and the very low rainfall. Some crops did not workout at all yet others thrived. Here are a frew images from my plot of a few of my vegetables I am growing

My Leeks
















The Broccoli








My Runner Beans














My Little Pumpkin





The_Snail

0 comments:

Post a Comment